July 31 : March 5 : February
- Bankruptcy Practice Subcommittee Co-chair, Todd Zywicki has written
a brief paper regarding bankruptcy law reforms, click HERE
to read the paper, "Conference Committee Agrees on Bill to Amend
March 5, 2002
- The Federal Reserve will soon provide banks with updated guidance
aimed at making sure they will function smoothly and continue
to serve customers in the event of a national disaster.
- House Financial Services Subcommittee on Financial Institutions
Chairman Spencer Bachus (AL) introduced legislation that would
reform the nations deposit insurance system. The legislation
includes provisions to:
- Merge the Bank Insurance Fund and the Savings Association
- Increase the current coverage limit for insured deposits to
$130,000 and index future
- coverage limits to inflation;
- Increase coverage limits for municipal deposits;
- Double coverage limits for individual retirement accounts;
- Even out bank premiums to avoid sharp increases during times
for more information
- The Financial Services Practice Group has completed three short
papers on money laundering as part of the series of white papers
the Federalist Society is publishing concerning the war on terrorism.
Read the papers HERE.